Sunday, August 25, 2013

Grrrr....

My Fiancé, our 1 1/2 year old son, and I live in the home that my Fiancé’s Grandpa built in, I think, the 50s. There is still stuff from then around. For example, not long ago we had to clean out a desk that we are using as a tv stand because our son kept getting into it. That stuff has been in there since my Fiancé’s mom was little. Nearly every drawer in this house is a “junk” drawer. It drives me insane. I have been trying to organize it since I moved in. The task of organizing this house especially seems impossible when a certain Fiancé of mine keeps stacking his CDs, Magazines, and other junk everywhere. I am one of those nagging women because of it and I don’t want to be!

Anyway, I have been working especially hard today to make a dent, while my son lets me. I started to work on the table that sits in the entrance hall. It was stacked two feet taller with albums, CDs, mail, coupons, and other random things. I handed my Fiancé a battery to his drill that was sitting on the table for some reason. I handed it to him and asked him to put it with the tools that he needs to take down stairs (I have made a considerable pile for him to take down). Then I turned around to put something away and when I turned back around the battery was right back where it was before I handed it to him. I growled in frustration and, perhaps, rage.

Without missing a beat, our son growled the exact same way I did. In that instant, my frustration and rage completely vanished. We laughed and I said, “That’s right! You tell him!” I love that our son can diffuse any anger or frustration that we have with each other in a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment