Sunday, August 25, 2013

Family Dinner

A little over a week ago, we were able to sit down to dinner as a family at our table. This was something my parents, siblings and I usually did when we all lived together, but since I have started my own family, this has not been the case. (There is an explanation for this in the post called "Grrrr....".)

We don't always get to sit down and eat together as a family. Tonight we got to, again, because M (my Fiancé) finished up working as I finished making dinner. I don't know how most people feel about sitting down and eating together at a table, but we thoroughly enjoy it. M and I were talking about how much we enjoyed eating at the table together and then he ripped one (meaning he farted for those who are not fart connoisseurs). He apologized and then said, "I should have excused myself. I'm not used to eating at the table". This was the way the rest of dinner went. If he wasn't passing gas, then he was saying sorry for saying something that was not table appropriate. Each time it ended with, "I'm not used to using table manners" or "I'm not used to eating at the table".

I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment